View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-18, 19:26

Yeah, I knew these were aired on Cartoon Network and geared toward younger viewers, but they don't seem outright stupid like a lot of animated fare. So far, they've not seemed "written for spoon-fed dumbasses" and, as an adult, I don't feel too weird watching them. Some animated/cartoon shows - even ones aimed squarely at grown-ups - are just unwatchable to me (a lot of that weirdo Adult Swim horseshit ), but, so far, I'm liking this one.

What I've seen so far seems well-written and appropriately "Star Wars-y" enough that I don't feel like I'm watching some crazy, "made for ages 4-9" version of something. And even if it is, Filoni and crew seem to be expecting a bit more of their 4-9 year old viewers. Which is always nice. I certainly couldn't - and wouldn't - watch a Barney-like take on the property.

It has a great look, and I like the stylized take on characters (apart from Dooku).

And it certainly sounds like Star Wars (I even heard a Wilhelm scream in an episode I watched last night).

There are a lot to get through, but maybe I can do so by the end of the year.

Do you have any idea a) why the 2003 2D animated series isn't on Disney+, b) where in the world would I even find it at this point, and c) does it take place before, after or concurrently with the 3D/CGI series from 2008-and-beyond that I'm watching now? Am I "messing up" by watching this series first? Do Ventress, Ziro and others make earlier appearances in the earlier 2003 2D series? Because both of them just kinda showed up here, as though maybe they've been around already and were already established to viewers of the earlier run of the series? Or are they making their first appearance in the 2008 ones?

I'd hate to think I'm missing big chunks of backstory or exposition, but I don't see the 2003 series on Netflix or Disney+. I doubt they're on Hulu or Amazon either. Did Disney not acquire the rights to those? Because they're currently showing every other SW property on Disney+ except for that one. I can't figure out why that one isn't offered (because I'd probably watch it first, just because it was released five years earlier than the one I'm watching now and that's how everyone else saw it all).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-18 at 19:41.