View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-19, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Yes, but Ewan doesn't fit into this timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Somewhere has to exist a clear, easy-to-understand timeline/chart of all this stuff because I’m constantly having to stop and think, do mental math, etc.
I thought about doing a cool infographic thingie, but...eh.

To the best of my knowledge, via Wookiepedia, StarWars.com, Wikipedia, etc., here's the Star Wars live action timeline, as best I can put together. I'm omitting the animated shows, novels, video games and comic books...this is strictly the live action output: the prequel trilogy, the original trilogy, the sequel trilogy, the two standalone movies and the Disney+ streaming stuff, including the upcoming shows announced a week or so ago (at least the ones I can get a bead on).

I'm using Year Zero (Battle of Yavin) as the reference point, with entries below set before (BBY) or after (ABY) this period, and running chronologically:

32 BBY - Episode I: The Phantom Menace
22 BBY - Episode II: Attack of the Clones
19 BBY - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

12 BBY - Solo (nothing definitive on this, just estimates from various sites (10-13BBY)...I'll call it 12 BBY)

10 BBY - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

5 BBY - Andor (Disney+)

Year Zero - Episode IV: A New Hope & Rogue One

3 ABY - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
4 ABY - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

9 ABY -: The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano & Rangers of the New Republic (Disney+)

34 ABY - Episode VII: The Force Awakens & Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
35 ABY - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Feel free to correct (Capella, etc.) if you spot anything wrong!

As you can see, a lot happens in that time (~41 years) between The Phantom Menace and The Mandalorian, and then not much for about 25 years, until The Force Awakens. Maybe some upcoming shows (or movies) will explore that two-decade-plus period between The Mandalorian and the sequel trilogy?

The funny/interesting part? Assuming Luke was 19 in A New Hope/Year Zero, that makes him 53 when we see him again at the end of The Force Awakens. Damn...that's a hard 53. But he's being played by an actor a solid decade-plus older at the time of filming (I just learned Mark Hamill is 69, making him around 63 during the time he filmed The Force Awakens).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-19 at 19:51.