View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-21, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Looks like The Book of Boba Fett will be its own series.
Oh, that is awesome. I even love the logo...the scratched green "armor" and all (even if that isn't his current look; I guess if he gets into enough scraps, it will be again).

I wouldn't have guessed this, feeling that two shows of a similarly outfitted character engaging in the same occupation is a bit much. But I have to admit...they way they've portrayed Boba, I'd totally watch a show with him, and Fennec. I'm glad she's involved as well. That's a cool character. And that Favreau, Filoni and Rodriguez are involved is only a good thing. They're the ones response for "The Tragedy" episode, after all...and that was a hoot.

This is good news!

And the fact that it, along with the Ahsoka and Rangers shows, are all going to be sharing this same timeframe with The Mandalorian is wonderful. They've already said The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano and Rangers of the New Republic will "cross over" (I assume that means various characters from each can pop up and help out/partner up as missions and situations demand), so that's just all kinds of awesome, and opens up such a range of possibilities! So now add Boba and Fennec back to that mix?

While that kills my "Mando winds up with Slave I" theory (for now, anyway), I'm totally okay with that. Get Mando a cool new ship and let's get it on! I'm glad The Mandalorian, as we know it (Din Djarin) will continue on. With Grogu gone, and the impact that obviously made on him, they've got some neat emotional paths to explore. Maybe he's a changed man, for his time spent with Grogu? Or maybe it hardens him to where he just has no patience for "evil", shady characters due to his run-in with Gideon, Dr. Pershing, etc. And that can be fun too. He just might be a one-man wrecking crew, no longer having to worry about keeping the kid safe/tucked away during action/fight sequences?

Oh...and I'm betting Din only puts his helmet on for fights/battle or meetings with clients/strangers. I think this whole story with Grogu has softened his stance on the face-covering thing...he removed his helmet, in a roomful of others, two episodes in a row now, and he didn't die or anything. I think he now realizes "hey, I can do this and it doesn't make me any less of anything". Because it does give a "face" to the character during non-action/fighting moments, let's the actor flex his chops a bit more, humanizes him to the viewer, etc. While flying around, or when he's among Cara, Boba, Fennec and Bo Katan and others he trusts/respects, he'll be okay showing his face. And that'll be a cool new element to the show. You'll know that whenever he puts the helmet on, something's about to go down. So that'll be a nice visual shorthand they can put to use as well.

"When the helmet goes on, that's your ass!"

I'm glad they're setting these four shows in the same shared timeline because that means we get, in various combinations, Mando, Cara Dune, Boba Fett, Fennec, Ahsoka Tano and probably even more Bo Katan. You know she'll be in the mix, hijacking/laying claim to any hardware/ships Mando and the others may take over, bossing people around, baiting/insulting Boba, etc.

The wait until next December just got a little tougher.

I'm not changing my approach either...I will continue to stay spoiler-free and not follow anything online about the making of, leaks, rumors, etc. I think that went a super long way in how much I enjoyed this past season, just letting each episode unfold, completely unspoiled and truly clueless about what's going to happen.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-21 at 11:23.