View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-21, 11:07

Yay...so there will be something cool/fun to watch Friday after all. While not a full-on "episode", I love stuff like this too, so that'll be great.

You know how that Galaxy's Edge stuff at the Disney Parks kinda hit with the sequels and has ties to that. I'm betting they will slowly undergo a tweaking to better tie in with these streaming Disney+ shows in the years to come, in terms of locations, offerings, rides, etc. While I believe that big Millennium Falcon isn't going anywhere, you know people, somewhere, are already at work on the construction plans of a life-size Slave I that will sit somewhere in that section of the park (especially if Boba Fett is going to continue to be a large part of this whole thing). And whatever cool ship Mando winds up with going forward. They'll redo things to make it tie in with these shows a lot more, I'm betting.

Because, going forward, that's probably going to be how most people - younger ones, especially - see/love Star Wars. The OT stuff will always linger, and maybe even better parts of the prequels, but I'll bet you two years from now, that whole section will look completely different than it does today. And it'll all be firmly Disney+ in tone/nature, minus a few nods to tradition (the Falcon, cantina, the overall "Star Wars look", etc.).

The costumed cast walking around will be Din, Ahsoka, Boba and they'll find some nice lookalikes for Cara, Fennec and Bo Katan, I'm sure.

When all this COVID stuff finally eases and goes away, I'm thinking those theme parks will be getting a nice surge in attendance. And a lot of them will be heading straight for that Galaxy's Edge area. I know I would! That's kinda on my list, in fact, to get my butt down to Orlando in the coming years to take all that in.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-21 at 11:25.