View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-04, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
For strength training? Yes. I recommend Bowflex SelectTech 552 ($349 for a set of 2). Not terribly cheap, but you get a lot in a small space.
I love these weights. I got them on sale pre-pandemic for $200-250 from Amazon. I think it was $225 but I'm really not recalling and can't find the order now to confirm. They are awesome because you get a great weight range in a small package. There are a bunch of different styles from different companies now, but I really love this set.

My personal focus is fat burn. I would like to boost strength, but I'm needing to get my fat off so I'm doing things like HIIT and cardio along with a strength training routine. Since starting my vacation I've not done the weights but once though. I have closed all my rings and done a workout every day since November 2nd.

I have to say, doing Fitness+ has been a huge hit for my house. Me and Mrs T have been using it consistently and really are enjoying it. It is kinda nice to have a good challenge that isn't our "normal routine" and feel different muscles remind us they are still there in our body. Doing the same routine over and over again it starts to neglect parts that these workouts tend to find. At $80 a year or $6.67 a month it is worth it for my family.

Ryan, In the Fitness app there is a Trends section. That is where you can see your overall Trends and then drill into specifics. I'll share mine so you can see... and you'll see that my VO2Max is not where it needs to be either:

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2021-01-04 at 16:52.