View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-12, 01:31

Disney+ is now at 95M subscribers..

And that’s not even with all the upcoming stuff in place. This time next year, or mid-2022, there’s no telling where they’ll be. That’s a lot of monthly income.

Someone check my math, but I’m getting $664,050,000/month (95M subscribers paying $6.99 a month). I know there are exceptions, gimmes, discounts, so let’s just round down and call it $600M a month they’re pulling in just from Disney+.

That’s basically the budget of a trilogy, at roughly $200M a pop.

I think they’re doing okay. When Kenobi, Boba Fett, Ahsoka and the third season of the current show all start to kick in and arrive, expect that 95M subscribers to jump up another good bit.

It’s not hard to imagine a $1B monthly haul, once the subscribers hit the ~120M mark and the price goes up to $8.99, which I read is coming. In fact, that’s all it takes...another 20-25M subscribers (a given, IMO, once all the above programming arrives) paying $8.99 shakes out to just over $1B. A month.

I know that isn’t all profit, of course, but there are a ton of “big companies” out there not brining in that kind of money on a steady, reliable basis.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-12 at 10:34.