View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-07-26, 16:03

You can do this for sure! Heck, this thread helped me get going on my journey for better health. I'm right at 160 still after hitting a maintenance level. I'm still pushing my weights but not focused on burning the fat off specifically anymore. Heck, my neighbor noticed the weight loss and asked if I was going to start eating again soon. Seems I'm smaller in everyone else's eyes than my own.

I still see the fat covering my abs. At least I can see my veins when working out now so I know I've cut the 40 pounds of fat from my body since around New Year's Day. I mean, 40 pounds!

I'm stronger than I've been in 20 years or so too. Now so that I don't obsess over the smallest bit of fat I'm letting those close to me help me see what point I need to stop cutting and start maintaining.

In one of the videos you, Ken, posted there was a comment about guys disappointed with their body because their biceps was 16" instead of 17". I realized I don't want to go down that road. My real goal is healthy level of body fat and stronger that I have been. I have hit that. Now it is to maintain that.

Sure I'm still increasing the weights as they get easier. However, I'm eating 2200 calories consistently now. My "maintenance" level per Lose It is 2300 calories. I'm giving myself that extra 100 off for things I forget to log or mismeasure.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.