View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-07-26, 22:10

That's fantastic!

Maybe they can get him to fix "young" Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing's posthumous appearances in some kind of updated direct-to-Disney+ special edition of Rogue One. I thought the CG Cushing was okay when I saw it in theaters (haven't seen it at home since then, though) since his character was usually cloaked in some shadows anyway, but Carrie's CG face… nuh uh. Right there in the theater in the moment she appeared it immediately felt wrong, and I couldn't put my finger on exactly why. Some serious uncanny valley effects. I'm pretty sure I've seen YouTubers deep-fake both of those characters in Rogue One into much more human likenesses.

edit: LOL OF COURSE it was the very same guy who deep-fake replaced Carrie Fisher in Rogue One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byKy9kGnyvo It still ain't perfect — the contrast is a bit strong and there's some spooky smoothing in some places — but the shape and features feel more true to life.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.