View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-07-27, 00:52

After looking into it a bit more just now, I feel kind of bad for the actress who body-doubled for young Carrie Fisher since she practically gets none of the credit for her brief cameo work. At least, for me the first time I saw her name was after trying to dig into how the CG was done.

That's a lot of tracking dots. It's like they put a dot for almost every single major vertex in the eventual 3D model.

The actress is Ingvild Delia, and she's probably conventionally attractive in her own right to get proper screen time, though her face structure isn't a great match for Fisher's, which probably explains some of the CG weirdness. I wonder how dedicated Disney is to bringing faces back from the dead for "continuity" sake like this versus how willing they'll be to recast existing roles with similar-enough young actors like the Han Solo spinoff.

As much as I think Shamook does interesting work, I'm not sure that I'm ready for a bunch of reanimated corpses on screen. Hopefully he'll get to work on things like de-aging the actual actors on set like Sam Jackson in Captain Marvel or De Niro in The Irishman.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.