View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-08-20, 10:46

Some good news to share this A.M.:

My original goal was to get to 165. I made it to 168 toward the beginning of 2021, and then kind of gave up. "Close enough" if you know what I mean. I celebrated with a donut, then went on a bulking diet, and gained 10 pounds in two weeks. I was hovering at 180 for quite a while, and then some self-righteous, gym-squatters had to go and silently/unknowingly challenge me and I started cutting again with the goal of reaching 160, which is ideal for my body-thing.

I started this week out at 167, and this morning I weighed in at 163.8! Most of that is going to be water weight, but the important thing is that I am now under 165! And only 4 more to go until I hit 160. Right now, my goal is to nail that sucker by September 17, which is when I go on vacation.

Next week is a diet break (I get a couple hundred extra calories/day for a week) and then hit it hard for three weeks, go on vacation for 10 days, and then have to burn that off before I get serious again about muscle building—again.

There is a light at the end of the hungry/suffering tunnel.

But that is still only one of my goals. The other three are a bit more elusive, but progress is being made:

#1 Weigh in at 160 pounds (163.8 this morning)
#2 Find my 6-pack (starting to poke through when I flex my abs)
#3 Do 3 sets of 10 pull-ups. This morning I was at 5/4/4
#4 Bench 200 (I can do 135, but started at 70 a year ago)

Some of my goals are now in sight. The bench press is off down the road a ways. Got to eat a surplus to reach that goal.

Feeling like a donut next week, but the last time I had one I went on a bit of a binge. So not sure. I have also cut out about 70% of the beer I was drinking, and I know that helps a lot.

Anyway, I'm getting there.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)