View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-21, 09:50

I was hoping it would've been a more information-packed article, living up to its headline, but I saw it at Yahoo, shared from Esquire, so I should've known better. That seems to be the hallmark of modern online "journalism"...clickbait-y (lying) headlines (and a promising lead paragraph), followed by 8-15 paragraphs of total "okay, we actually don't really know any more than you do, but here's what we think might happen..." speculation, guessing and the dreaded "fan theories" masquerading as insight/scoops.

Uh...I can do that, Esquire/Yahoo. You're not helping. If you're going to write/publish something, have it be stuff that I don't know or can't think up myself. I certainly don't have access to Lucasfilm or Disney or Jon Favreau/Dave Filoni...but if you don't either, then why even bother?

But at least we now know when the third season will kick off, and that it will follow the Boba Fett thing, meaning the first part of December should be something else to watch before The Mandalorian starts up. I didn't know that until yesterday. So we're less than three months away from new, live-action Star Wars-related fare on Disney+.

So that's nice, assuming everyone's still onboard, and interested, after 11 months of nothing (other than that Bad Batch show, which I still never heard a single thing about).