View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-22, 15:28

That they snagged the best part of the prequels is certainly promising. Nobody was hoping for a return of Natalie Portman or Ahmed Best (at least not me), but that they got McGregor to reprise the role is pretty amazing.

Still not sure why everyone flipped over Hayden Christensen's return, seeing as how a) he was one of the worst parts of the prequels (sorry, he's a really iffy actor) and b) if he's playing post-Mustafar Vader (in full armor, mask, etc.), couldn't anyone - with better acting chops and a more imposing presence - fill that role? The fact that they're bringing him back too must mean he's going to somehow be showing his face a bit (with all the burn scar makeup?) or maybe some flashback/memories scenes of him still as Anakin?

I've still not figured out why it was important to bring him back as well. Get some big hulking 6'6"+ bodybuilder type and put him in the suit, and then dub the voice accordingly. They've done such a thing before, you know.

Please tell me they're not going to have Christensen doing the Vader voice work as well. Even digitally-altered, he's still a worse actor than James Earl Jones could ever be.

That's the one aspect of this Kenobi show that kinda has me scratching my head a bit about how, exactly, he's going to be used. Why hire a known face, just to put in in a black suit/mask that anyone could do? There must be some other plans/approach in store that they think requires Christensen (to help with the continuity and all). It may turn out to be something cool and creative (and maybe he's taken some acting lessons the past 15-16 years).