View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-06, 15:14

I didn't like the early Seinfelds - too stock/sitcom-y, before they found their DGAF voice and were okay with the four leads being without redeeming values - and the latter ones just seemed too absurd or trying-too-hard? But there was that sweet-spot, somewhere right in those middle 5-6 years, where it was about as perfect and enjoyable as anything. And, to this day, I'll sit and laugh out loud at those episodes, despite having seen them all 800 times.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than Kramer trying to be high-class/professional (Dr. Van Nostrand from The Clinic, or anytime he'd have on an ascot and pipe). And George's "the sea was angry that day, my friends!" story, Elaine's "dancing", "it's a salad...only bigger" and "get out!" pushes. And Jerry just exasperated by all of them. "That's a shame...". And Jerry himself trying to act was always the funniest part, because he really can't. Which somehow just made it all funnier.

Comedy Central just started running them all and I was watching 2-3 in a row the other evening.

"He pulled it out!"

Giddyup!