View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-08, 20:48

The menu bar is white - or usually so - so there. I honestly don’t think it’ll be any more distracting than the black notch.

If the black notch is hidden by the more pro-y dark mode usage, then a white notch should be hidden by what most folks in that market/crowd are probably going to use. I don’t know a soul who uses dark mode in their Mac. The bulk of Mac users I know are non-pro “regular users, so they’ll have white menus until the day they die, as most MacBook Air type users will. I think the problem pretty much solves itself and that a white notch will likely prove less noticeable on a device where most users keep the traditional Mac look.

Update: I just realized/remembered the default macOS settings allow for translucent menu bar taking on the coloring of whatever desktop image is in place. So it’s be no different/worse than the black. It’ll just be part of the overall bezel/framing look, except off-white on an Air instead of black. And if people turn that setting off to where the menu is white at all times, the notch will be hidden quite nicely.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-11-08 at 21:03.