View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-07-18, 08:36

I'm reminded of something. My father died almost 5 years ago. A little while ago I found his immigration paperwork, and you know what it included? An immunization report. Not from an antediluvian times, or WW2, from the late 60's. My google-fu is not strong today, and I'd either have to wade through thousands of COVID articles or Scholarly links to find out, but I'm nearly certain this was a pre-immigration boarding requirement even then. Canada's website still lists recommended immunization practices for new Canadians, but stops short of imposing a requirement.

Then I think about all the whining that's going on regarding air-travel requirements, and I wonder when we all got to feeling so entitled about crossing international borders? It seems right to me that nations are free to impose evidence based entry requirements. I don't have a "right" to just visit any place I want, I am a guest. I expect to have a right to be treated fairly within some semblance of a common law tradition, but certainly nations have a right to make their own determinations about appropriate entry requirements and/or safety and screening practices...