View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-01, 20:13

Updated Booster Shots Expected Within Days as C.D.C. Signs Off (NY Times)

Quote:
People who have received a primary Covid vaccine series are eligible no matter how many additional doses they have gotten, part of an effort to stop counting doses and simplify guidelines, C.D.C. scientists said.

Hundreds of thousands of updated vaccine doses were being delivered around the country on Thursday, the C.D.C. said. Providers nationwide are expected to have millions by Labor Day, the agency said, though some doctors have said they were told that initial supply would be small in their areas.

The new boosters are designed to generate immune responses to the original version of the coronavirus and to BA.5, the Omicron subvariant that is now dominant. Pfizer and BioNTech’s shot was authorized for people as young as 12, and Moderna’s for those 18 and older.
Emphasis mine. I had to check another source because that's an interesting and hopefully very beneficial simplification to booster eligibility.

CDC signs off on updated Covid-19 boosters (CNN)

Quote:
People are eligible for the updated boosters as long as they have completed all primary doses in their vaccine series. The committee recommended that the new boosters be given at least two months after the last dose of any Covid-19 vaccine and up to three months after an infection.
My body is ready.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.