View Single Post
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2010-11-11, 17:16

Here's what dpreview, including the 60D's reviewer, had to say about my question: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=36888251

Still a little confused about the one guy that called the 60D's WB worse than the T2i's but that was just one random guy on the forums. Seems to me (and the dpreview reviewer) they'd be identical. Same sensor and processor, also found in the 7D.

As for reasons to switch. there's a couple minor build quality issues on the T2i. Flash hinge and control dial are both a little "squeaky". Display models did it too so it's not just mine. 60D didn't do that. Minor yeah but that kind of thing bugs me on expensive stuff.

Looks like the D7000 only does 24FPS for 1080 video, not 30. Bit of a downer there and I literally know nothing about Nikons. I may just go ahead and return the T2i today while I can, and take a bit more time to assess and try other models. I can always go back to the T2i at the same price if all else failed. I will look into the D7000 a bit though.

I did really like the feel of the 60D when I used it in the store last weekend, more pro-level ergonomics compared to the Rebel, which does feel fine to me but is a little small by comparison. 60D has several other advantages as well, pentaprism viewfinder, manual audio gain levels for video, and a higher burst rate which would all be nice.