View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-22, 22:24

Okay, here’s a question/issue…

Prior to iOS 15, even if Do Not Disturb was activated, if I was using my phone I could still receive notifications (I had the option of DND only doing its thing when the phone was asleep).

I’m lying here now on my phone, 20 minutes after DND auto kicked in (11pm - 8am) and I missed two texts from my friend. I was i Safari and never knew until I closed it and saw the little red badge with “2” on the Messages icon. Prior to iOS 15, I would seen/heard a notification if the phone was awake/in use even if DND was active.

Am I overlooking smething or did they remove that option in 15 and I need to manuall check to see if someone has messaged me? If I’m awake and using my phone during that 11-8 timeframe, as I sometimes am, I do not mind getting a text notification. Is that where I’d allow that app to break through? But I only want it when the phone isn’t asleep. I don’t want shit beeping all night, negating the reason I’ve got DND on to start with.

That whole Focus section in settings hurts my head. It’s confusing and convoluted as hell!