View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-23, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
You know,I'm glad this was brought up. In the iOS 14 method I had a group named DND in my contracts so those could breakthrough. I haven't looked a Focus yet because it is convoluted. If I take the time to look at it I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and even master it. However, at first glance during my workday I just don't have the time to "work through" the details of it.
I can't say because I never used the break-through thing myself, but Focus does have stuff like "allowed contacts", so I suspect those would be imported into the new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I actually like the concepts though. The ability to create a "me time" Focus, tweak my workout time communications, etc sound amazing in theory.
Yep.

Plus, apps that support it (like iMessage) will (opt-in) show your current focus so people can see why you're not responding.

I think it's a clever expansion overall — they took something quite specialized and made it more broadly appealing.

I do hope the iOS 14 "weak DnD" behavior makes a come-back, though. When I'm at the doctor's office, I want what is now the only behavior: turn off notifications even while I'm using the device. But when I'm merely napping on and off, I do want notifications while I'm using it. My hope is they'll let me create two different DnD focuses, for both of those scenarios.

I've also created a "Fitness" Focus. In iOS 14, I had already curated a health/fitness-specific screen anyway: big widgets for Activity and Pedometer++, then a number of apps including stuff like AutoSleep. Swipe to that page, and I have a grand overview. In iOS 15, I could reuse that work to make a Focus that will only show this single screen. It's not a huge thing, but it kind of makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I hate when they fix things that aren’t broken.
I get that, but such is the nature of progress. For this particular thing, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a return in 15.2 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Speaking of which, I notice auto-correct is still worse than it used to be. The stuff it substitutes blows my mind. I’ll type a common, sensible word and it gets replaced with complete lunacy/nonsense. Not sure how this is “intelligent” or progress,
It's been very hit-and-miss for me since roughly iOS 10. Sometimes, it really garbles my sentence. Sometimes, it replaces multiple words at a time and I'm positively surprised that it got those right.