View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-14, 11:27

Yep, I've experienced that on my iPhone. I've not installed 15.0.2 yet, but since installing iOS 15 (and that first follow up), so many little things seem different/odd, and some of them are indeed based around responsiveness and scrolling. I do realize I can't get too bent out of shape with a five-and-a-half-year old iPhone, but none of this was an issue with iOS 14 and earlier. So it's a 15-based thing, whatever is going on.

Something I've been meaning to ask about: is that little "flip animation" where the top of the screen seems to flip up 90 degrees from the side (I've not rotated the phone, mind you) some new "feature"/aspect of iOS 15?

Or is my phone possessed?

I don't encounter it all the time, or with every app. And I can't seem to establish a pattern of why/when, but just out of the blue I'll launch Weather, Safari or Maps (I'll be in portrait/normal mode, BTW) and the screen for the just-opened app will briefly appear on its side and then twist up to the top, where it's supposed to be.

Seems kinda unnecessary and pointless if it is indeed a "feature" or new eye candy for iOS 15. Not sure what it's supposed to signify or help with. Too brief to be of any real-world, practical use or notification of anything important. We're talking a second or less, just enough for me to see it happen, as though the display is being spun 90 degrees within the phone itself.

If it's my phone glitching/stroking out, then that's a different thing completely...