View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-27, 10:15

The important thing to remember is that none of this was an issue/discussion until last Monday.

So, yeah...the notch is the culprit/"villain" here, causing all this stuff. They created an issue/concern/questions/"huh?" where none existed before.

Whatever your feelings (good, bad or neutral) on the notch itself, there's no denying/debating the simple fact above.

If I spent $1,999+ on the latest and greatest, and my menus and all were acting silly and things not working, predictably and reliably, as they have for years and years, I'd probably be a little immature about it too.

"Hey, this goofy kind of shit shouldn't be part of the experience at $2,799...it certainly wasn't prior to last Monday".

If this were a Sony or HP notebook and these weird interface stumbles were part of it, due to a new cutout in the middle of the working display, those of us in the Apple camp would be mocking/crucifying them without mercy. But we twist ourselves into little pretzels to convince ourselves, and others, that it's the ideal, best solution.

And I'm saying "well, maybe another measly 1/4" or so of top bezel" probably was.

I don't think anyone would've had a problem with something like this, less than 3/8" added to top bezel to house the camera, etc. Everyone would've been thrilled with the left and right side being so thin, and even the top is no thicker than it was before...fixes everything, complicates/messes up nothing; there's a reason why the camera was in the bezel for a thousand years (original on left, tweaked on right):

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-27 at 11:09.