View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-27, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Is there a system-wide "Bezel / Notch" preference? Could there be? Seems like the simplest solution. Default it to Notch, grumpy old men can pick Bezel.
There is not, and there could be. If there's enough backlash, 12.1 or 12.2 or whatever will simply make that an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Yeah, but what does the notch actually do/provide, real-world?
Additional screen estate.

Quote:
Again, it would never keep me from buying one. But it just seems like the non-ideal, unnecessary and unasked-for decision. Someone with some clout/pull made the call and everything else had to go along.
But this is really no different than, say, the iPhone having a camera bump. Personally, I wish the camera bump were at least more symmetric so it doesn't wobble towards one particular corner. But even that is just not a big deal in everyday use.

Is the notch a compromise? Of course.

Quote:
If it did/provided something, I'd be the first to champion it. But a 1/4" or so tall sliver of horizontal working space? Where does that come in handy? If you're doing some serious Photoshop work a drinking straw, maybe?
For years, people complained that the bezels on the MBP are too fat. Now, they're about as thin as they could possibly be, and people don't like that either.

Can't please everyone.