View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-27, 13:51

Something kinda interesting I’ve noticed when watching some of these unboxings and reviews.

In the past, the photography/renders at Apple’s site always looked better than real life.

On these new MacBooks, the real life videos and customer pics look nicer than what’s on Apple’s site. They don’t look as clunky, somehow. And that all-black keyboard area is growing on me. It’s all just photographing/filming better in real life than the stuff at Apple.com. The shadows, edges/bevels, etc. show up and look nice. The keys, even against that black well, do seem to stand out more than it initially looked like.

Has the Space Grey been tweaked a bit? I can’t tell if it’s just the photos/lighting. It looks different but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Probably not. I guess that’s a pretty dialed-in color at this point.

The feet look nice. Probably makes for better air flow/circulation, lifting it off the desk a little more. You never see them while using it anyway. That, to me, is a complete, invisible non-issue (the very definition of the word), unlike that other thing.