View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-12-01, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
I have an external HD (that I have partioned poorly - my next project is to move the data off it somewhere and then repartition it) and I figure I could just drag my home folder over there, along with my Applications folder.
Unless you are fairly comfortable with the terminal and NetInfo, you might not want to move your home folder. It's certainly possible, as there are instructions on several sites. However, a number of programs and services may break mysteriously that you'll have to track down and try to deal with.

"Clean" installs are overrated anyway.

An "Archive and Install" process will do just as good unless you need to reformat your drive. This option will lump *everything* but your /Applications and /Users (if you choose) folder into a "Previous System" directory. Unless you're absolutely cramped for space and don't have enough for this regular install, I would strongly recommend this over the tedious process of backing up and reinstalling everything with a clean install.

The Address Book Plug-ins folder, as you might have guessed, is for Address Book plug-ins like this.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.