View Single Post
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-07-14, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretara
I did the fink and finkcommander thing. It worked fine.

Of course, I am still wondering why I could not complie the DBI module via CPAN or source. I have not had any issues with other *nix distributions that I have used with the exception of Solaris.
Is Apple going the way of Sun? Forcing you to complie your own programs with gcc just to make them work on your system? Or, is this another screw up on Apples *nix section? Or, did I do something wrong?
Very frustrating. I have filed a bug report with Apple.
i hadn't noticed before that you had printed the error log. looking over it, the error was it couldn't find a file named "bundle1.o". that's curious. i suspect its a file that gets linked in when you create a "bundle" (which the last cc line was trying to do). if you are still interested in the source route, you can try doing this:
sudo /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
locate bundle1.o

the first line will take a while to run, but will create a database of all the files on your hard drive. the second line searches through that database and tells you the full location of any file which has that name. i suspect that the file is either missing (possibly due to a botched or incomplete dev tools install), or out of place. if its out of place, we can copy it over to one of the standard search locations, and the source install would work from there (assuming no further errors ).