View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-12-02, 21:09

Just did the Erase and Install - great opportunity to prune the HD of unwanted clutter and junk. Not that my TiBook was running poorly or crashing - but all those un-needed files were taking up space and causing me "untidy" mental grief. I had to do this!

Reinstalling only the apps I need to use now - and keeping a sharp eye on what gets added to my ~/Library/Application Support folder.

Still to reinstall Live and Office v.X. Will not load Entourage this time though - Address Book, Mail, iCal and StickyBrain do that for me instead!

Imported database files and preference files for Address Book, Mail, Safari, StickyBrain 3.0 (love that application - one of the main reasons I updated to 10.3) and other apps - all going well so far!

Also, nice to have the 20GB HD show me 12.77Gb of free space again - as opposed to the 758MB I was running perilously close to for the past few days. (Mind you, all documents, work files and iLife data are now stored on the external HD.) update: Damn - just the BigFishAudio LOOPS by themselves (part of the Live package) take up 600+MB and the FreePlay music loops (part of .Mac) take up 1.8GB!!

Next job: saving my documents from that external HD before repartitioning it.

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-12-03 at 07:32.