Thread: Plex/Nine
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-08-31, 19:57

Initial impressions:
  • The main app still feels like the old app. That's mostly a good thing.
  • The mixed media setup is still confusing. For example, the setup assistant mentioned automatically detecting iTunes. It doesn't show iTunes in the media manager, though, but shows it in the main app under Music Plug-ins.
  • Most plugins are broken. I get audio but no video from Comedy Central, Daily Show, and Colbert. South park delivers neither audio nor video. Vimeo refuses to log me in despite my triple-checking the credentials I'm typing. These are all freshly-downloaded on a new machine.
  • Visual glitches when in a 4x3 resolution.
  • The main app has already frozen/crashed on me three times in the span of the first half hour of use. Oh, the pains of the early adopter!

Seems like a failure so far, like it was rushed to make this deadline. I would recommend new users wait for a few bugfix releases before trying it out.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.