View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-28, 22:00

Even faster on an SSD since disk access would be much faster. Chunk data would load and respond better. Thing is I don't have a good way to test. If I were to pull the SSD out of Lenny, I'd have to wipe it to format NTFS for the Win7.

The thing about those videos is that all the world stuff that's been on is still on. Any thing that acts as a world anchor keeping a chunk alive when I copied the world is still in this test world. Granted, for testing reason I boosted my personal stuff, but that's so I can have unencumbered fun.

The best part of the tests is that the PC didn't flinch during the massive detonations and the load in the CentOS VM was well within normal ranges. It being on an SSD would likely help even more since there would be no IO bound issues holding up the load.

The nice part of the VM is that it's mobile. You can move the VM to any machine. This means putting it on an SSD simply means moving the VM files to the SSD. Also, this means that anyone with player can run this MC world. So many perks to a VM. In this case, I use VMware Workstation to make it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.