View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-14, 04:12

Entourage blows. Don't use it (unless, like some unfortunate souls, you HAVE to).

No spam filtering. It has a so-called junk mail filter, but it's a really, really bad one (unlike Apple's, which is a really, really good one). The way it stores email (huge, single database file that can get corrupted and lose everything) is also stupid. It doesn't behave like an OS X program either. I HATE Entourage's toolbar - you can't customize it, so you're stuck with the default button set. They end up including about two dozen useless buttons, and when you resize the window to be smaller, their labels disappear in a pre-specified order. If you don't need, say, the "Flag" button, you can't get rid of it to give the other buttons more room. You just have to put up with it.

Argh, that toolbar is still making me angry even though I haven't used it in a while! That and tooltips - those little tooltips are everywhere.

And the fact that it keeps its own address book instead of just using OS X's built in one is stupid too.

Don't use Entourage!