View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-08-10, 16:18

Trump declines to answer questions in N.Y. attorney general investigation (Reuters)
Quote:
"I declined to answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution," Trump said in a statement issued roughly an hour after he arrived in a motorcade at the attorney general's office in lower Manhattan for the deposition behind closed doors.
But also Trump speaking previously about the Fifth at various events over the last decade:
Quote:
Taking the Fifth Amendment. Like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?
Quote:
Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Fifth Amendment. Horrible. Horrible.
Quote:
"I want the Fifth Amendment. I want immunity." The reason they get immunity is because they did something wrong. If they didn't do anything wrong, they don't think in terms of immunity.
Quote:
And if you're not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for, right?
Quote:
He pleaded the Fifth Amendment. What are we gonna do with this guy? What happened? He pleaded the Fifth. Right? He pleaded the Fifth. Where is he? This is like a third-world country, folks. It's terrible. This is really — if we bring it up — this is like Watergate, only it's worse.
Quote:
It's worse than Watergate. It's a bigger deal than Watergate. So many people took the Fifth Amendment, there was nobody left. They all got immunity deals.