View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2005-11-14, 00:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOfGed
OK, so call me old-fashioned, but isn't there more to dating and perhaps meaningful relationships than just an uncontrollable desire to bang someone?

I make no illusions that sexual activity isn't an important part of any given relationship, but the idea of just getting around for the sake of satisfying a gargantuan sex drive just seems a little... wrong, to me. Is there something I'm missing here? (other than "getting some," to stave off the jokes )

Sorry, no offense Wrao, your lifestyle is your choice (and if your lifestyle and your comments aren't quite in sync, I apologize for misinterpreting), it's just a general point of contention for me. I've just never understood the "one night stand" mentality...

*puts on asbestos suit*
Well the 'then you get to bang them' part is really just my way of saying "meet them in real life and create a lasting union that you can both appreciate"

Perhaps I didn't make my point too well(curses text! ) but, basically my point is that, you build the meaningful relationship via IM and email, maybe graduating to phones if it's really neat. Then, by the time you meet, sex gets thrown into the equation and wow, suddenly you're in an awesomely fulfilling relationship and it all started with casual and simple IMs.

For the record, one-night stands are basically worthless. I have never gotten any satisfaction out of them outside of the immediate pleasure, which even then has been surprisingly disappointing.