View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-05-29, 16:31

Perhaps I should move to Canada right now. Or very soon. Looks like you can't go there to avoid the draft if you've already been drafted, but maybe if I move there and am a resident for a year before they even start, I might be safe...

My god I hope it doesn't happen. But I'd do anything other than fight for our country in this godawful "war." No fucking way man. Maybe if it was a situation like WWII, where the fate of the free world depended on the victory of the allied forces... but this is a fucking power grab. Bush and company don't care at all that 800+ Americans have died in Iraq fighting to make the rich richer. I'm sure as hell not going. If I have to go to jail for it, then so be it.

I would rather move to Mexico. My family has already considered moving to either Canada or Mexico a little bit this year, because they think it would be better to live in a simpler country that not everyone in the world hates. My mom is a freelance worker so she can work from just about anywhere, and my dad could probably get a job in Vancouver or Toronto. Also, our house has gained so much value and living is so cheap in Mexico that if we were to move there, they might even be able to go into semi-retirement.

Anyway, it seems like a drastic measure to move out of the country, but we've considered it, and if Bush gets reelected, it might just happen. Plus, I'm 19 now but I'll be 20 in about two months, making me prime drafting age starting this summer and continuing on until I'm 26.

They better not fucking do it.