View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-02, 23:13

Except that the truth is, you'd be fighting less for the well-being of your country and more for the whims of a man named Bush. It's not wise to be proud to fight for the sake of fighting... I actually tried to join the Air Force myself some years ago (medical DQ), so service to one's country is something I have real respect for.

But I have absolutely no respect for Bush, Chenney and what they've done in the name of "freedom". Misusing our military for political purposes is one of the most unforgiveable things I can think of, because it's a mistake that costs people their lives... not just their careers or their reputation (as with most politics).

You don't spill blood to win popularity and elections (which is the stereotypical hawk mentality of "put on a bold front and people will vote for you later")... only here it's started to backfire in a rather ugly way.

Bush is a slyme-bag for sending our men and women over there with no plan for winning the war and no real urgent need to start it in the first place. Maybe if he'd actually had the balls to serve in Viet Nam rather than his Texas Elite air guard unit, he'd have given more thought to the whole matter before he started it.

...into the light of a dark black night.