View Single Post
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-03-22, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
This is the cancer that is killing Minecraft for me. Please leave the attitude at the door.

T is right that other people have been asking about his armory and shed. Your exchange probably just finally prompted him to post about it.
I leave the sniping about the past out of my reply. I let my attitude get the better of me the other night, so I'll bow out of the past OP issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuh View Post
While I used the tool shed and armory in the last world, i have to say it did make the game too easy. I would say hold off on either building, we can use creative days for that or mine it legit.
The tool shed was okay in my view, as tools don't seem to be that big of an issue. Diamond tools just sped up building and demolition. I found that stone tools were only slightly slower in my usage. You just had to make more.

The diamond armor in armory was another story all together. This basically removed all the dangers of cave and mineshaft diving. Within no time we had rampant mineshafts in all directions and gobbling resources left and right. I say no to the armory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnorekthx View Post
In my experience, there really shouldn't be any need to give out stacks of materials and diamond level gear... it's really quite simple to accrue all of this stuff through legit mining. Sure, if you want to build a 200 block monstrosity you'll need a lot of stone or whatever, but even that doesn't take huge amounts of time. I've already got a large chest full of dirt and one full of stone. Even stuff like mossy stone and brick can be found if you know where to look. On my previous server I had something like 10-12 stacks of mossy stone, and I only went on a few hunts for it. Makes it that much more fun building with it, in my opinion.

Of course, I always enjoy the challenge of it. I'm happier with a smaller structure that I know I collected all of the materials for. I also used to play Hardcore mode on Diablo II, so maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Back on topic, I think it would need to be EITHER Creative Day OR these structures to avoid dampening the integrity of those structures we build with legitimate resources.
At this point it doesn't matter to me. Some people will use creative day to stockpile resources in the first place. In all likelihood these people are the ones that will use the tool shed and armory the most. So what's the point of one or the other? The people that want to use it will and those that oppose it won't.

I will make my one objection very clear though. If you are stockpiling resources on creative day and/or using the free diamond items from the armory/tool shed, then please work on creative based projects in areas well outside the main community and away from non-creative projects (e.g. have a designated creative area to muck about in). This includes mining.

Community projects that will be made creatively should at least be discussed in the group ahead of time.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.