View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-28, 16:28

I would love to see AirPort return. Why did it have to go? By far the easiest thing to set up/maintain ever. I'm now having to use some Netgear wifi router since my last AirPort Express got zapped. It is nothing like Apple's ease of setup. If it acts up, I'm always so lost.

Yeah, nobody's asking for needlessly bulky, ugly hardware (and I don't think Ive is the only good designer out there). But if it comes down to a few millimeters or ounces here or there being the make-or-break on whether or not this or that component can be used, then I hope smart, sensible decisions would be made.

I've squawked for years about the pursuit of almighty thinness, so anything that might signal pulling that from that a bit is okay with me.

It'll be interesting to see what's available in 4-5 years, on the hardware front. Probably no drastic, top-down changes, but maybe just a different overall approach/focus?

I think the loss of Jobs was a push for him too. That was his buddy and partner-in-crime. With Steve no longer around to both appreciate - and maybe even veto/rein in some ideas when needed - it was only a matter of time. Surprised he made it eight years, honestly. I figured he was out the door by 2014-2015.