View Single Post
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-06-15, 09:52

It's interesting that administrators aren't willing to talk about the lost keys. Oops.

I also find it interesting that they want to charge whoever donated toward the prank. Love mom's rhetoric about if we were supporting a political cause and it was discovered that the politician were dirty, we should be punished for supporting him.

And kudos to administrators for sending out a mixed message. It seems that the pranks are a tradition, and it has been discussed openly in presence of faculty without any warning or disclipinary actions. Until they planted the alarm clocks. Whoops.

That said, I'm still not sure about the details. The article says that custodian and state patrol were the first one to see the alarms clock and backed out to call the bomb squad. What was the state patrol doing there on a Sunday afternoon? (Silly me. I missed the part that the security system was tripped.)

As for the fake bombing charges, it seems that they were duct taped to the wall; if some of those were partially obstructed, it could have seen as if there would be something attached to the alarms? At least the police did the right thing and not closing down the school after they determined clocks to be harmless, though I'd think the kids should get a slap on the wrist for using something that is very commonly associated with a real bomb, just not felony charges. That'd just unneedlessly ruin their lives.