View Single Post
chris e boy

2007-09-13, 05:31

Macworld UK are reporting that Apple have invited journalists to an event at Apple's London headquarters. The invitation says "Mum is no longer the word".

So what could this be? Im almost certain this will be an announcement about the availability of the iPhone in the UK (im guessing 1st November on O2). the tagline for the event would make sense for this because Apple have announced that the iPhone will come to the UK but hasn't given any specifics for some reason. Other possibilities (as listed on the Macworld site) are:

UK Movies
Quite likely, I think. May even turn out that Apple were unable to sell movies in the UK when they launched the TV Shows but have the rights to RENT out the movies which would explain some recent screenshots of strings in the latest version of iTunes.

Beatles Announcement
I really am sick to death of this rumour. Everytime Apple schedules an event or is speaking somewhere. Somebody mentions this thing. I don't see this happening, Steve already said he was hoping this would happen next year.

Wot do the rest of you guys think?