View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-26, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
They still make videos? Who plays them... not MTV... MTV only pumps out shit reality shows, cartoons and spring break contests I thought. Oh wait I forgot about...

"YO-YO-YO this is Eric from the GRiiiiND. Time for some Fu ShnEKENZZZZZZ!"
MTV, in its current form, is the reason so many kids and teens are screwed up (and need a sound beating).

It's truly disgusting, the stuff they show and promote on there. Hey, I'm not a prude...and I'm not talking about any music videos (hell, they don't even play music videos anymore). I'm not talking about suggestive lyrics or a little butt cheek flash. That never hurt anyone.

I'm talking about all these shows like the girls having their sweet 16 birthday parties and acting like little materialistic bitches, and then all the "Real World" stuff with the trumped-up drama and idiocy, and everyone banging everybody and cheating and saying "fuck" and "bro" every .6 seconds. All that "reality" crap they seem to love playing...there's never anyone on any of them with a single good trait that you wouldn't mind your kid picking up on.

MTV is, honest to God, wall-to-wall shitheads. Every show. Every person on every show. There isn't a redeeming characteristic to anyone involved. I flip past it and there's some "dating" show where people are on a bus waiting their turn to meet some jughead frat twat or shallow, fake-tittied skank, and it just makes me want to poke my eyes out, the few seconds of it that I see. You couldn't power a nightlight with the combined brain power of the idiots involved.

It's no wonder things are so loused up (kids riddled with STDs, shooting up schools, having babies, in rehab, etc.). Every show they have on there promotes the worst aspects of humanity: stupidity, greed, materialism, promiscuity, ignorance (and being happy about it), shallowness, irresponsibility, substance abuse, bitchiness, etc.

Little freaks.

And don't anyone say a word to me about "you're just getting old...it's the same as it always was, 'scates". Bullshit. When I was coming up, it was videos and cool stuff like Live Aid and music news about actual musicians. Concerts, cool contests where you could go meet artists on tour, etc. It was music, and actual songs/videos all day long. There weren't any shows on there about young people carrying on like a-holes. That all started with "The Real World" back in the 90's, and it's just gotten worse. Way worse.

MTV is such vile, corrupting crap. It really is. If I had a kid, they wouldn't know it existed because the first time they acted like one of those idiots ("that's not the color of car I wanted for my birthday...you ruined my whole $#%$%^^@! life, Dad!"), I'd knock them through a wall.

Honestly, go turn it on right now (assume you're over, say, 25-30) and see if you can stomach more than six minutes of whatever's on. I bet you can't.