Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-06-14, 09:01

The size is perfect. As for the 21.5” and 27”, I’m the complete opposite. The 21.5” always felt “right” to me, and is the only one I ever considered. Every time I used the 27” at at store or my friend’s house, it just felt like it was going to eat me. Way too big for my needs, space, etc.

Which is why all us 21.5” fans probably have less of an overall issue with the new model. For us, it’s a step up. But if you’ve spent years on a 27” iMac, it’s going to feel “less than” in at least one area, for sure.

I’m hoping the “pro” stuff isn’t reserved for a larger, pricier high-end model.

At some point, the 24” should have the option for more RAM and whatever other improvements come to Apple Silocon. I hope they’re not be planning to make it the “SE” of the Mac lineup…updated every three or so years and always lagging a bit behind the others. I don’t want a 27” iMac, and I sure as hell don’t want a 30”. version. We should see, within 12 months or so, how Apple views this and if they’re going to update it more than the 21.5” model. If they opt to let it languish and not touch it again until 2023, that will be disappointing.

EDIT: iOS "auto-correct" can go suck something. I'm better off just writing my thoughts on chalkboard or dry-erase board, snapping a pic of it and posting that here. At least my words will come out as I intend; I'm not the problem here. I know how to spell.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-06-14 at 11:21. Reason: Fixing all the typos and random, assorted nonsense the iOS shitball auto-correct "feature" generates