Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-06-18, 12:12

Alright, I'm calling it slant-gate, because that sounds fun!

Today, I noticed that our orange floor model seemed lopsided. Being me—and taking my own advice—I grabbed a tape measure and what do you know?! The orange floor model is off by a full 1/8th of an inch, with the right side 3 3/8 inch off the desk, and the left side 3 1/2 off the desk.

So, I measured the rest of them. The pink model is pretty much spot-on. But, the green is off 1/16 inch in the opposite direction, and my yellow model is off by 3/32. The blue and green are in lazy-susans, so I didn't measure them. But, that still means three of our 6 display models are slanted.

Then, for giggles, we measured the Intel machines and guess what? All of them are off too!

In other words, it appears to be a long-running problem that has always existed, but we have only just noticed. Anyway, there is something to the story, but my money is on it only being reported as a new problem, rather than a problem that has existed since day 1 of the upright iMacs that no one ever noticed.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-06-18 at 15:43.