View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2011-06-02, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
wait... you are saying $30 for a full productivity suite that works across two (or three) completely separate devices is too much?
iWork for Mac ($79) was a great deal; at $20 each, it's even more amazing. iWork for iPad ($10 each) is probably a good deal; I can't really say a I don't have much experience with an iPad. Being able to use those same apps on an iPhone (or iPod touch) for free makes it, of course, an even better deal.

But.

I don't have an iPad. Or an iPod touch. So, to me, the deal is $10 each for an iPhone app. While you can eliminate the constraints, such as by getting a Bluetooth keyboard, I still imagine most people would use it primarily for minor edits, not for creating major documents from scratch. If these apps were iPhone-only, Apple would probably price them differently.

Developers either go the "universal app" route, as with iWork; this is a bad deal for those who only have one device. Or, they go the per-platform route, where you have "for iPad" or "HD" versions; that's a bad deal for those who do have both devices.