View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-06-02, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Isn't it interesting that, prior to the app store, people didn't even shake a stick at a $40-per-device word processor for their Blackberry, or Palm, or Win CE device? Now, after two years of app store goodness (or is it three?), people are griping about a $10-per-five-device word processor for their iOS stuff?

$30 for a full suite of apps for five devices is chump-change!

This griping is coming about because Google has convinced people that their crap is "free", when it actually isn't. You're paying for it through the price of advertising, which elevates the cost of goods, and through their theft of your personal information. I would rather pay for quality products than get screwed over by the "free stuff" vendors.
Exactly. People are unwilling to pay a reasonable amount for quality work that requires a lot of investment and time on the developers behalf.

If you are not a topselling app on the iOS platform, I have to imagine the .99 cent price barrier is a major hindrance.

As a consumer I certainly don't mind, but its obvious that the Mac App Store, with its smaller sales volume, is not as successful as the iOS App Store primarily because the software is priced more traditionally. Apple itself seems to recognize this and has slashed prices on its own apps on the app store. But third parties don't seem willing to do that yet.