View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-11, 17:19

Likely legit actually. If they are forcing the use of encryption for email connections they it would impact those phone settings. That isn't from the registrar though, it sounds like it is from the hosting company that manages the email server they use.

If the primary domain, in this case "hostingplatform.com" is the company they host their email with then they would want to follow the instructions. Generally speaking though, most hosting companies will have support pages with greater detail than an email would. Check for that.

If the user doesn't host with "hostingplatform.com" then they should likely ignore it... but chance that it might mean emails stop working if it is actually from their hosting provider.

With the push for encryption these days I wouldn't be surprised if it is legit.

If you want to PM me specifics I'll check on it for you and let you know. Domain name and hosting company would be great.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.