View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-13, 18:55

Just goes to show that guns aren't required to be a murderous asshole.

No country/culture, even those who may think they've got things figured out/under control on the firearms front, is immune to this kind of stuff, unfortunately. Crazy, evil people exist everywhere, and they will always find a way. That's what makes them crazy and/or evil. Guns, knives, swords, dynamite/pipe bombs, fire, vehicles, poison/chemicals, etc.

But I can honestly say this is the first time I've heard of someone using a bow and arrow to carry out their deranged nonsense and commit mass murder. The technique and aiming (and reloading) makes this an extra level of sinister, IMO. Because anyone can mindlessly spray a food court or classroom with automatic fire, detached from the reality of where all the bullets are going; pull the trigger and move the barrel around, assured you're going to hit something. Takes no particular skills or prowess, IMO. Enough moron losers have done this over the years that it should be pretty obvious...maximum carnage with the least amount of skill/effort.

But to sit and shoot a person with an arrow - and then load/aim/shoot four more times, killing four other people...damn. That's a different level of malicious, twisted prick. That takes the kind of skill/focus/dedication that I find terrifying, that amount of crazy/evil in a person.

And I can only assume the NBAA (Norwegian Bow & Arrow Association) are already hard at work on their "from our cold, dead hand" videos/rebuttal. And every politician in Norway is, as we speak, deciding which side of the bow-and-arrow debate they want to be on. It's an absolute shame that Robin Hood, Hawkeye or Green Arrow - one good man with a bow and arrow, as it were - wasn't there to put a quick end to this shit, huh?

Hope/work for the best, but expect/prepare for the worst. No matter where you are, or what utopia you think you might be living in. Because you ain't, I promise you.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-13 at 19:10.