View Single Post
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2009-12-12, 18:36

So I'm dinking around Amazon. I'm looking for a new weight scale that will replace the behemoth analog scale that I own now. My eyesight fading rapidly I need something with easy to read digits.

I come across a scale so beautiful I think "I'm not even sure I can mar the surface of that with my dirty feet"

Enter...the Wightings Wifi scale.

Gorgeous and it comes in Callista Flockhart proportions

Here's the site for more info.

Yes there's an iPhone/Touch app but it gets better.

This scale takes your measurements and then, via Wifi, updates an online server with your weight, BMI, Lean Mass and Fat Mass. You can check the status of your "labor" by logging into the Wighings website with your account from any browser or there's a Free iPhone app to keep track.

There's even the ability to log results on Twitter at user specified intervals for the more social amongst us.

Here's the kicker for me. If you have multiple people in a household that want to keep track of their body composition the scale has intelligent logic built in that differentiates from household members by their composition. So if my 50lb son steps on the scale no biggy the scale knows my settings and matches them to me automatically. I'd have to have a near clone in BMI, Weight and Fat/Lean Mass to confuse the scale.

The price for this Luxury? An Apple'esque $160. The account for tracking is free well as the iPhone app. I just may do this next year. It's small ...it's smart takes all the measurements I need.

Oh yes the Amazon reviews for it are all flawless 5 star

I bough one of the Omron handheld body fat measure tools and I never use it. I need all my stats captured and logged at one time. This product looks like the ticket.

omgwtfbbq