View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-19, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I mean… that's clearly not true. Look at other vendors who are moving to touch screens. Or making the screen flip around (I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, and it comes with a lot of problems). Or ones who add cellular (why isn't Apple doing this?).
To start, I mentioned those things in my post (excepting cellular).

Touchscreens are not going to solve very many problems, but they definitely create lots of new ones. In order for a touchscreen to really make sense, the UI needs to be redesigned, and that is the problem the iPad solves. I've used touchscreen Macs (modded things) and the UI is horrible for it.

Flip around screens are just not fixing any problems, and again they create many more, especially where reliability is concerned. I think this is a solution looking for a problem.

Adding cellular is not innovative in any way. Apple may not be considering it because all of their users have iPhones, and iPhones can share their hotspots. I know they are out there from other manufacturers, but really, how many? I suspect that most folks would just use their hotspot rather than pay for yet another cellular connection.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-08-19 at 13:41.