Thread: Airpods Pro
View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-12-05, 20:33

So, I had a really freaking annoying problem with my Pros over the weekend. Bear in mind, this was over thanksgiving weekend when we were down in Georgia visiting my in-laws and we had a 5 hour drive back.

Friday morning, I woke up and tried to pop one bud in to listen to a podcast. I do this all the time. It didn't work. So I thought maybe it had discharged. I tried the other one. That didn't work either so I tried letting them charge for a while. After some time, I tried again. No dice.

I know they had charged because the light was green, so I tried unpairing and repairing them. They didn't show up initially but after holding the pairing button, I got the connect prompt.

I popped one in my ear and it worked. I tried the other and nothing. That one didn't show up in my bluetooth settings or anything. But pressing the stem made the click sound so they were working but they weren't connecting to my phone.

I tried unpairing and repairing again. Same song and dance about the pairing button. Put the one that wasn't connecting in my ear and it worked. Tried the other one and NOPE. It didn't work but had the same issue as the other one did the first time.

I repeated this process a 3rd time. It was like whichever I put in first would pair with my phone and the other wasn't able to.

Somewhere along the way, I tried turning on noise canceling and would get an error saying to put both in my ears to use ANC. Both were in my ears.

So I had one working AirPod for the trip home. Since my peloton was connected to them, I thought I'd try. The only one that worked with the peloton was the one that didn't connect to my phone. So I could listen to 2 different audio sources at the same time - peloton in one ear, iPhone in the other. Cool but not what I wanted.

I took it to the apple store and they were stumped. They just got me a replacement pair of buds. I had to wait because they had none in stock, obviously.

After letting them charge, I had the same damned problem! I finally broke down and tried pairing them to my wife's phone just to see and they worked just fine... I paired them to my phone a final time and they FINALLY worked normally.

I have no idea what happened or why. As you can tell, it was a pretty confusing series of events. Whatever. I've got my working AirPods again so I'm happy. I just hope that was the extent of the weirdness.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.