View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-05, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Yeah, and going too far with it can be dangerous too. It's different for everyone, and even for the same person it changes over time. If you got enough of a fat store, you can sustain a more aggressive start and keep it burning for a couple of months, but if you don't come into balance you either give up eventually or risk damage to organs. Get enough water, get enough potassium, eat a lot of vegetables. If I'm going to try to see about burning off about 5lbs a week for the next couple of months, and then work out the fine tuning after that...
Yeah, getting the veggies and enough protein into the mix aren't as easy as it sounds, especially when you also need a bunch of carbs and yada yada yada.

Turns out, there are lots of veggies that are loaded with carbs. Again, I've been using Lose It, and there's just no way my stupid brain would be able to figure a lot of this stuff without that kind of help. Just yesterday I was trying to figure out how to get more carbs into my diet without drinking Coke, and realized through the app that cauliflower and broccoli are both carb-heavy. Yay me!

But, you have to cook that stuff in advance or it's like gnawing your way through a wood fence.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)