View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-27, 16:31

This makes sense to me. My only concern is the supposed "starvation mode" your body goes into when you cut calories too far for any length of time where it then holds onto what it gets when you start to eat again. I have never personally looked it up, but always avoided drastic calorie cuts because of this concept that might be an old wives' tale.

I mean, I could do the Twinkies and Dorito diet right?
Quote:
He supplemented his diet with a multivitamin, a serving of vegetables and a protein shake, and stayed away from meats to keep his caloric intake below 1800 per day (he was consuming over 2600 per day before the experiment.) Haub began his junk food diet with little expectations but kept it up as he saw that the pounds were falling off. The weird thing is that eating foods that are believed to be "bad" for you actually improved his health.
I will say, we have almost identical physical measurements (other than you've lost more weight than I have so far) so I could theoretically go right off of your numbers.

Oh, and I have to say that while my weight hasn't dropped drastically at all, my pants are loose and my Watch band has to be tightened by one notch! I haven't worn a collared shirt in a year I think so I have no idea what my neck comparison is to my heavy days.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.