View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-01, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Brad mentioned that he could probably voodoo over any favorites, but I get what you're saying. And as much as I've warmed up to starting a new Overworld, 1.18 might not be the time. 1.19 will add the Deep Dark (which we expected to show up in 1.18) and underground cities, plus at least one new biome variant (Mangrove swamp)... maybe to get the greatest chance of underground cities beneath us we start a fresh Overworld in 1.19 and just add the caves beneath CC in this round? Just a thought.

If we do keep this world for another spin, we should talk trim just to get the most out of the new terrain. Here's where we were at after the last trim:

Here's the map with each region labeled:

I'd like to add a region (r.-2.-2) to the saved areas - there's a Pillager outpost out that way and I've found much enjoyment going out there to needle the little buggers. We could, depending on go-aheads from whoever's closest by land or attached in some other way, probably lop off some regions as well. The Mooshroom island (r.-2.3) could go, as there's new, close islands that generate in 1.18, and we have a lot of areas that Brad performed his biome-changing magic on if you're looking for some relatively safe caving. The west outcrop of ocean (r.-2.0) could maybe go (arteggio?). Probably the southermost region (r.0.4) past Southlantic Station too.

Thoughts? Adds? Others?
I'm good with this personally. I REALLY appreciate you marking the region numbers because it is critical for the script Brad wrote to purge. I should be able to figure out how to do this without his assistance. Either way, we will have backups in case I totally kill it. I'm really looking forward to being able to update to 1.18 personally.

I don't have a timeline though... I thought I might have been able to do this over Thanksgiving but I spent the time with family instead of gadgets sooo...

If/when I do the update, I'll keep a copy of this current world as it is so we can always revert if required.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.